Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The make up of the Studio part 2

Sorry I won't have any hats to show this. But I wanted to keep good on on my promise.

Here's how you do a quick 5 to 7 minutes "studio" set up. What you'll need.

A tip, always ALWAYS do a black to white background if you are doing a professional look to a project. Sometimes you can get by with a colors background, but most of the time it is not clean and it does not bode well with the product. So if you do go with a colored, then really pay attention to what  you are trying to say with the colored.

By the way...just a tip Never EVER do a green background for a portrait. Unless you want them to look sick...yellow ( a bright color yellow) isn't so great either. When it comes to photography, do a complementary color.  Say you're doing a teal mug with a cream lettering...a brown background depending on the hue would work very nicely. Anyways back to the things you'll need.

A white background (A twin sheet would be best, although I used a double up queen size sheet.)
A flash ( I don't mean those pop up flash on the camera. If you don't have a flash like a sb-900-an off flash camera, use available light.) Available light is light that is already there.
A clipboard
A table
A chair

You set up up like so:


Although, a pillowcase worked well for hats, a sheet is so much better for scarfs.  But there you go. Quick, easy, and has effective results for a mini studio. 
Touch up quickly in camera raw, save it as a jpg, slap your watermark on it, and send it on its way. 
The best part of all this, is you can do this in a messy house aka the background or a small place at any time at any place. I did this at night and I loved the effect. 

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, Christina! : ) I like how easy this is to do too. Now, if I could just use a camera! LOL! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. *learn* to use a camera is what I meant to say! LOL! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you like this! I had to share it, I figured it would prevent headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! I learned some great tips, Christina!

    ReplyDelete

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.