Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Web designing

Web designing. Who would ever thought me a photographer, writer, reader, and hair stylist would be soon designing a website? It is a great deal of fun and I am so looking forward to really completing it. Who knows I might stuck around next semester to have more classes in web and to finally get some sign language in me.  I have been surprised the number of amounts of people who have asked me to teach them. Which brings me to another side step. I think this is starting to turn into a dance. Bear with me today, I have much on my mind. I encourage people to learn. It is my personal belief that people should love to learn and love to help other people with their wealth of knowledge . But here is something I have pondered for a while. When is it that we give too much. Face the music. There are times despite having really good friends that our work gets stolen. By work I mean our ability to have an income to be able to provide for our family and bless others. I know. I have seen not drastic measures, but I have seen some "stealing" off of other peoples work. So I ask myself where is that fine line of encouraging and helping others learn and where is the line of being a good steward over the gifts that God has given. At some point or another my business will be passed down hopefully to one of (gulp here it goes, my children) along with it secretes and wisdom that I had learned over the years. You are probably asking what on earth does this have do with web design? I thought this was supposed to be a light hearted topic. My answer? Everything and well nothing. Anyone who puts their mind into it can make a web site or a page, but the secretes of the design. Well that takes heart and it takes joy combined with tears to make a the long tedious struggle of journey turn into life that you couldn't imagine not having. A good design captures not just the eyes but the soul. It invites you into a new world informing you or giving deeper understanding of what has already been. I don't teach someone looking for a way out quickly, I help someone who is willing to stay and battle it out. One with a humble heat because frankly you can't teach to a cold stone or a proud heart. This post has dance too many dances I think for right now. But in a strange way it makes sense. Don't think for a minute I am not willing to teach someone my skills, I have already promised her that I would. Or don't think I am not willing to help someone out with photography or something I know what to do. Because I do. The question above has just been musing around in my mind. I have refused to teach someone my crochet design. Because I did come up with it but I will not refuse to help someone come up with their own crochet scarf without fear of me taking it for my own save for turning it into my own inspiration. Am I right in this? Time will tell and if I am not God will gently reproof me.
 Back once again to web design. I will try not to take you for anymore turns. I having been learning how to put colors for the background, do different font family, choose different colors. Apparently today we will be going over some more graphic design. By the way if you are interested in understanding colors get a boom called "color". It has mighty fine prints so you want a magnify glass but its worth the read if you are patient. It describes how to use color with graphic design and printing, and I am pretty sure colors for the web. I am starting to be able do links and list photographs. Big deal right? Actually it is. I kept trying to type in the code, but apparently I can't. Guess because it's a code...silly me. I should have thought of that.  I really enjoy it. But here is a photograph of a code:



  This is, but many of the codes that I have to memorized. If you are interested. Look for my website coming in May. We have to do a full blown website for our class...from scratch as is in html and css. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.