Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Live simply

Living simply is surprisingly hard to do...at first. It is a constant battle to live this way. Especially as you grow older. I hear all this TV programs and advertisement  mocking "growing old". What is wrong with that? I have found that older people are rather just "beginning" their lives. They have wisdom and grace and have more adventures than they can sometimes handle. But this isn't what this post is about, although I will write a post of adventure and you can be sure that it will be the age of 40 something and above that I will direct my attention too. Like I said, my own personal watching people has told me that life happens when someone is seasoned with age...it comes with humility and grace. 

I recently spoiled myself and brought a ring. Unfortunately it was too big for my middle finger as I later found out. I hate it when that happens, but then you have to roll with the punches and find something creative to do with the too big or too small object. But this ring means something in fact it was hanging in my car to remind me almost daily. "Live Simply"

That I think is a very important lesson to learn. There are two types of groups children and well the elderly. I direct my attention to the latter in this post. I love...I love elderly people. I love their winkles, I love the twinkle in their eyes, and I love the lessons I can learn from . I love the fact they've learned to watch the world go by and just live simply. My favorite image I have every seen has been a couple in their 80s or 90's holding hands, sitting on the bench, and just watching people go by. I love their kiss to each other and I loved their smiles.  When I grow old and my hair turns white I hope I still remember this couple. Though I only saw them for a brief period of time, they have impacted my life in way they don't know. The picture they painted was clear...Live Simply or translated it into Live Life Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.