Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Website Mission Statement

So I've been working on my website.  I am using wordpress as my host... at first I was annoyed. But I am gradually getting the hang of it. Just need to figure out where to put my CSS. Hah.

But I thought wordpress has an excellent suggestion. I highly recomend this for those of you who are wanting to build your own or at least start a website. So here they are:

"On a piece of notebook paper, or whatever is lying around, describe your site. Take five to twenty minutes to come up with a purpose for your site, or better yet, call it your Mission Statement.
Answer the following questions:
  1. What am I going to do with this?
  2. Who is going to read this?
  3. What kinds of information will I be posting?
  4. Why am I doing this?
  5. Who am I doing this for?
  6. How often am I going to be posting and adding information?"
After you've done all that. Put take it from a list form and put it into a sentence or rather paragraph form. I had just completed this suggestion myself 5 minutes ago. The results were surprising. It put facts and mission behind my work. So try it for yourself. It gives you something concrete to hold on to. Best of blessings to you!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this myself! So excited for you and your business venture, beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for you as well! I love how your own business has developed.

      Delete

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.