Monday, October 15, 2012

My sunday

Yesterday, I taught children's church, helped with a photoshoots, and taught in Young Adults.  After a lovely afternoon, I relaxed with my sister while looking at creative ideas. Somewhere in the there I took a delightful two hour nap, something I rarely do unless I am sick.

Both of my lessons ironically enough was about identity. I read out the meaning of the children's names and the scriptures. I wish you could have seen them, their eyes widen in delight. Each one of them eager to know what their names meant. No wonder, it was personal and relatable.

Once again I had so much fun at the photo-shoot. It reminded me of camp, only it was so much easier. I was used to photographing up to 100 to 300 individuals in two to four hours. As you can imagine this was a piece of cake as it was shorter. But no less important nor involved. It made me happy to find a place where something was familiar to me again. Lol. I known when I'm a photographer when I immediately think of lighting, backgrounds, reflectors, and figuring out the best poses for people. My only regret was not having my lovely sb-900 flash, as it would have really made the photos even more professional. I am so critical of my work and want to deliver the best of the best. In every photo I have ever made, I find flaws.

For the first time I shared a little bit of camp in person. It was so much fun and I was so grateful to be asked. I shared many joys and some of the hardest things I ever had to personally hear. I taught on one of the major things I had learn this summer. Identity as a woman, naturally I turned into personal identity. I had studied on Identity almost for a week straight spending at least two hours a day on the subject. On Saturday night  around 11, I had a break through. It's amazing what the original language of the bible can do for you. In my research for identity, I was surprised how many articles, and videos mistook character for identity or used character to explain identity without really explaining it at all. I encourage you to do your own research, its a fascinating find. A word of advice, don't think too hard on what identity means and what character mean, think very simply. The second is look it up in the dictionary and finally look up the word identification. I think you'll find something very special. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.