Saturday, February 19, 2011

A simple change of work

Dear friends,
      Of late I have been doing some creativity thinking of shall we say home improvement.  My parents are graciously letting me use a desk in the office that used to be theirs. It is absolutely perfect for my work, I'm an odd bird when it come to desks. I prefer the long gated desks to work since I can spread out my work  and it will not get in the way of my work on the computer. However, my desk is quite old. While the sides are in pretty good shape, the top is scratched and the paint has chipped away. I have no money for a new desk and don't want a new desk, just one that I have since it is perfect for me aside from missing drawers. Thus, an idea was born. 
One idea is to paint the top of the desk black since the sides are black. I would sand the top down (wearing a face mask I promise) and then paint it shinny black or perhaps a flat black. At any rate, it would be simple and can be done within a days time. 
The second idea, which I must give credit to my mom and one which I favor most is if they are not pricey of getting plastic glass. I'd cover the top of my desk with crumbled up colors of tissue papers for texture and then cover that up with pictures I have made. The glass would protect the pictures and cover the hideous scratches of the desk. It too can be done in a days work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.