Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorating on a small small budget


So this year I've decided to crochet and create all homemade Christmas gifts. Within two months I've crocheted four items and am in the process of three more. My parents gifts is going to be bbbbbeeeeeaaaauuuuuttttiiiifffffullll Plus if they do not like it I'll just keep it. Grin. I am so excited this Christmas season. It'll be my first attempt of making pretty much everything homemade. As soon
Christmas is just around the corner. I've decided considering I'm a poor college student, that I'll make my decoration for my room. I'm a classic, vintage type of person. A few pops of color here and there. So, I am determined to cut out snow flakes, out of recycled papers and make colored ornaments and hang from my ceiling and windows. Take pieces of cardboard, design them into whatever I desire and glitter them...hopefully we have glitter. Whatever I can use to decorate with what I have, and hopefully my room will turn into a beautiful Christmas room...for under $5 bucks.
The only thing that I'll allot myself to buy is new sheets for my bed. Working with only one real set of sheets, I figured I can splurge and get myself new sheets.  I've chosen gold...I'd love red, but it wouldn't work. So I'll decorate with red. So besides that purchase of hopefully no more than $35, I'll be good. I'll tell you whether or not I was able to decorate my room for a total of $40...we'll see. I'd love to hang white lights, but I don't own any. Plus I have a feeling my mom and Kate will take them. So....it would be colored lights. Strangely enough I don't really enjoy colored lights and prefer white lights now. It is odd because last year I 'hate' white lights and wanted the colored. But I think the white lights gives a more grown up affair and classic look. We'll see what happens. I know I don't want a "cute" room, that isn't my style. I don't mind cute things, particular if it is clothing. But I'd rather it be refreshing, wonderful, and cozy then cute. I've never done something like this, so I'm pretty excited to try my hand at it. When I am finished, I'll post photographs.

Believe it or not, I wrote this two weeks ago and post on my other blog. But I wanted to add. 
Beginning of week two of December. I've woken up to the fact of a person will little money to spend on decoration better have lots of time for creating. Unfortunately, I'm so busy that my parents rarely see me even though I'm in the same house at the same time as they are. But I'm typing away and researching way down on the opposite of the house...and in my opinion away from the fun. This means, I rarely have time to decorate my bedroom. It is rare these days for me to get in bed earlier than 11...most times its midnight. Leaving me to fall asleep at 1:30. 
On the bright side, I've gotten a very small wreath finished and half way through my big wreath. My sister has kindly loaned me her white lights and small decorations. God, I love that you gave me such a rose as her. The sheets...huh they didn't work out. I found some for 15.99 and 27.99, but they didn't work. So back to the store they go...when I make time. But my room is clean...well it was until Red and Kate decided to jam in my room. Now I have a piano in the middle of my room. Got to love them...they are the best of the best. 
My gifts are coming slowly and surely. I am so excited! I just pray I can finish them in time. Hopefully this Saturday I can finish my room and photograph to make good on my words, we'll see. I've got to run, I should have been studying, but I miss my blog. It brings me relief and I hope does for you as well. 

1 comment:

  1. ::sigh::

    Again, I can so relate. I started out the season with higher hopes than I had time to accomplish...AND I didn't get many pictures,either!

    SO unlike me...SO unlike us, eh Christina? :-) Oh well, it was the MERRIEST of Christmases! The Gospel was lived out and preached like never before, between all of us celebrating the Prince/Park wedding at the expense of our own times with family, and ya'll doing the play (I feel like that should be capitalized, The Play)...we were Jesus with skin on, and God is pleased.

    But next year, I am so getting good pictures of my mad decorating skillz. :-)

    ReplyDelete

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.