Thursday, November 24, 2011

Heavy seasons and thankfulness

I didn't anticipate this feeling so soon. Not now, not like this. You see I received news. It's good news...frightening news. News, I unfortunately can not reveal. But it has made my heart heavy. Freedom Feet has become an intricrant part of my life. There's Harvest family...and there's freedom feet family. We're kind like the 12 disciples. There's a bond between us that will always remain even as we part ways. Part ways. The time is coming for that time and that is why my heart is heavy.
My brothers have always joked when my "one" comes, he had better watched out. I've got seven brother's squarely behind me. The thing is...it isn't a joke...they're dead serious. They've bickered back and forth of who was the brother first. Enough to make my head turn, or any girl's for that matter.
How often can a girl say WITH pride I have seven brothers and they are one of the most amazing group of  people you will ever meet? I love each one of them dearly and with sisterly affection. God has placed us in such way in such a time as this. It's important. We fight together, occasionally fight with each together ( can't leave out the sibling quarrels), and we are ALWAYS welcoming new comers.
That's the thing with us. Even if we are exceedingly close, we don't have our names written on each other. We can't...the only names that on us is God's and our own names. We are always seeking to find new adventures, meet new people, welcome them if they choose into our group, but there will always remain that tight bond between us.
This is the last year that we'll be together like this. Two of my youngest brothers leave for college, one for military, and the others going to take on the calling God's given them. There'll be a handful of us left, but it won't be the same. Which is why this Christmas, our last play together like this at Harvest, we're going out with a bang. If you attend, I promise you...you won't know what hit you. Your wildest dreams can't fathom this...not us plain ordinary people who have hidden talents that is finally beginning to be revealed. I can assure you, I'll be crying at the end of it all. They deserve to be applauded by me. It is because of them that I have deeply changed. They have taught me, lectured me, scolded me, wiped my tears, and teased me without mercy. Boys...aren't always mature even them, they go through season don't we all? But their heart is beautiful and that is what matters.
They (themselves) have appointed me as their big sister as I am the eldest of them all. I carry that title with no light burden. How I talk and act, I know they are watching. I also know they guard me with passion (whip me back in line) in loving kindness because that is what we do. They are the reasons I treat men with respect and expect men to treat me with the same respect. It was a semi-long battle, but the boys have taught me...that men should ALWAYS open the door for a lady, it is a sign that they love and respect you. Heavy object, stuff down my pride and allow the boys to carry. They helped trained me to act, speak, and look like a lady. Indeed....I am filled with pride of my boys and I feel as if  I have right to call them that. I do truly see them as my brothers. I am a blessed woman. Which is why I write on this thanksgiving day of how thankful I am for them.

It has taken five plus years for this group to be this way. We have seen each others ugly and beautiful sides and we love each other anyways. With Christ as our foundation, this is why we are unique because we truly do love each other...just like harvest. But we're a sending church. We're going to be sending out some mighty fine young men. Oh, how I'll miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.