Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Home-office

Lately, I have been dreaming of my own home. How would I decorate it when I do leave home. I know it can not be too far off...two years at the most I give it. But certainly not next year. It is not in my position to do so with beauty school raising its cost. Despite that, I thought I'd share some of my dreams.


I want a library...full of old books or just books in general that I love. Here and there some "new" books. But I have old fashion values...most of the books that "new" don't adhere to my sense of adventures or of learning.  I couldn't find a photograph of my 'bookshelves' for public use, so I'm going to describe it to you.  Bookshelves from floor to ceiling with an old fashion ladder with wheels. You can slide back and forth to get the books. I know not practical for when I'm in my seventies. But I do plan on being a very healthy 50 and 60 woman...I've got great genes.  By then I'll just get on a lift and get my books that way. The book shelves are simply elegant. Cherry wood...preferably.

Since I'll probably be poor as a church mouse, I'll settle with screwing two inexpensive books shelves on top of each other and into the wall. I know how to use an electric screwdriver. Get a simple wooded step stool put felt underneath since hopefully I'll have wooded floors.

In between my book shelves I'll have my window seat. I'll get an inexpensive chest and stain it, make a cover probably a hunter green or sage color depending on the wood color, throw in some pillows, and hang up my curtains. This window seat is not to be small, but large enough for a person to comfortable take a nap on.

Now keeping mind that my house most likely won't be very big. I'll most likely make that room my office/library. No way it is going to be my bedroom. Bedrooms are designed for rest...not work.

I have this love for chalkboard. Although I love the idea for a chalkboard wall...I will probably settle for a bulletin board/ white board. My desk  long and rectangular. Similar to this:


A good sturdy desk. If I had the money, I'd get something like this. I love the classic, simply lines. Straight ford stuff. But I'd ditch the chairs for a comfy arm chair with pattern. Hey it is an office that I'll be working in and possibly entertain clients. It has to comfortable. Underneath the desk, I'll have a rug to give the room a pop of color to the neutral colored walls.
Now I know that landlines are going out of business, but for my office I plan on having a landline. To better serve my clients, I don't want them having access to me at all times. That is why I will have an office.

I would love to have a phone like this. It might not be pratical. But I love it. I think it would add a cozy feel it to. But regardless whether or not have I have phone like this, I will have a corded phone and possible a non corded phone. 

I'll have a coffee table, for when guest comes there'll be a variety of things for them to snack on as we do consultation. And an area for children to play in as we talk . 

Above all things, I want my printers, scanners, fax machines and all my extras to look neat. I'll probably get a dresser with drawers to hide my extras, and my machines on top with a few things to brighten the area.  I don't know how it will pull together, but it is my hope that my office/ library will be a place to truly work. The window seat would be perfect for me to relax as I read business books or for children to cuddle up and play games.  

I've run out time. So I'll tell you my places for kitchen and other places later. But next time I'll just post pictures if I can. You'll get the idea yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.