Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Worship

Worship, I've come to a conclusion is a choice. Worship is where you consciously make an effort to spend time with God to know Him for Him and lavish praises on Him. Recently I spoke a word at church. God was speaking to me because I was struggling with worshiping. I was exhausted with always fighting to worship God. To enter that place of rest. Usually by the time I've started to enter, I have been distracted or worship ends. I was fed up and exhausted. My heart begged to be into that place again. I hadn't intended to speak, I didn't want to speak in church. But my mouth opened and words flow out of my mouth. By the time I was finished I could only remember the last sentence, "It is your choice" It pierced me and shed light upon the subject matter of which I was struggling with.

When I spoke of this to Kate of my feelings. She was quiet for a moment and then spoke. "Have you ever thought that worship isn't always about feelings?" I agreed. But still my heart yearned for some kind of oneness, some kind of a sign. But her words spoke into me. It was then it struck me. When God through me in such way that my speech is clear and concise I am worshiping. That is almost the only time when I do not struggle with my speech, it's like He takes me and puts the words in my mouth.

I can't help being distracted by things. But what I can help is my actions and attitude. 

If you do not mind I would like to share something with you  about this same topic when I was 18. I think it fits. 

 Worship isn't an act, nor should it be taken lightly. It's not about singing, or dancing. Nor is worship is about how well the worship team plays. What's it about then? God. It's all about God, you don't have to sing to worship, nor do you have to dance, or play an instrument. If that was the case, how would a lame man worship in dancing, a deaf person play a instrument.. .(discounting Beethoven who went death in his later years!), or a mute person sing out loud. Worship is a matter of the heart. What you give back and how you give. I love how Matthew puts this "Worship is a lifestyle... not just an action," and what Justin added."What follows from a worship experience or an experience
at an altar is what matters, and what follows is a lifestyle." I never though much about on how worship "should" be done...I just worship and imagine what it would be like to in my Dad's court or just be in the same room with him.

Matthew wrote this before me and I couldn't help, but put this on here.

It sort of goes along with what Pastor Tim said about drive-thru altars today (or, as I dubbed them, McAltars). Some people see worship the same way; a set of motion that, when carried out, result in an emotional experience. Worship is a lifestyle, not just an action. Sure, it has actions associated with it, but those are just manifestations of a worshipper's heart. God doesn't want McWorship! Or McAltars! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.