Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Be still, please just be

Just be still, please just be
See what God has created
Just be still, please just be

Closing my eyes I see
A torn veil
Bloody Nails
A heart once dead now alive

Tilting my head, I hear
Songs sung by creations near
Music rustled on by wind
An orchestra made to worship

Just be still, please just be
He comes when least expected
Never late, rarely early, always on time 1
Full of surprises and of humor

A twinkle in His eyes
As He presents
His gift

A gift I can't compare or give back
Tear stained cheeks trembling hands
A life given, a life reborn
The gift received in belief

Be still, please just be
Discover Him who loves
Live a graced filled life
Oh, be still, please just be.

Christina Damron
06-24-12

1.quote by Terry Maughon

2 comments:

  1. HOW beautiful. Such imagery...you have beautiful gifts, Christina. If you don't open and use them to make God as beautiful to others as He really IS...if you don't open those beautiful gifts of yours LONG LONG before I did...if you make the same mistake I made, and leave them wrapped for years because you felt responsible for LAUNDRY (ACK!)...

    ...well, I'll whup you. I'll trounce you, personally. ;-) ;-)

    Just kidding. I already see you using your gifts, investing them to the glory of God. Keep it up. I want to see you go so much farther, so much faster than I did at your age...

    love you!

    ReplyDelete

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.