Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The flooded studio and happy gathering

Okay so I don't often feel this way, but well I was happy to discover that Still life was meeting upstairs in the bagwell meeting in the "meeting" room which is where I think all the important or most of it happens. However, I felt awful (and slightly humored) for my professor. You see the studio flooded. Which in of itself is a pretty bad thing and I wished for all of our sakes it hadn't happened. But here's the thing. We have now a saying in my  home, quite literately as it is imprinted on our wall. It says " The fondest memories are made when gathered around the table," Well it was exactly just that. Something clicks when people are gathered around the table...that and along with eating with each other.  I think we grew closer as a group because we  all had to be much closer and see all of each other's lovely faces. We talked and for my part I felt we had more than just a camera in our hands for common ground. Gasp...we actually all talked! It was wonderful. I hope the flooding in the studio doesn't happen again especially for my professor's sake who also happens to be the head of the department. However I SURE wouldn't mind the gathering 'round the table again. :). Who knows just maybe it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.