Friday, September 2, 2011

Playing dogs

I have had a delightful mornings. For two weeks I've resolved to start walking in the mornings starting in the neighborhood of seven time frame.  I hadn't decided how many times, but figured the morning air would do me wonders. Keegan would company me. Almost every morning I've managed to get up at seven but not walking. So this morning I was determined to walk. I got Keegan ready to go, then Sasha came bounding up. Such a hopeful and begging expression she wore. I could not help but put the leash also on her. Since she ran away over a month ago, we have been trying to treat her a little more gently since she was really starting to show her age. But oh, today you would've thought she was 5 or 6 years. 
I was much more focus on training Keegan since he loves to "talk" and I can not have him talking in the mornings when  everyone is sleeping. Trust me you can hear that dog outside of the house, especially if he is on the sleeping porch. But anyways, I decided to introduce him a new word, quiet. Hopefully, he'll understand I don't mind him being excited, but he's got to be quiet when told. Took me a half hour just to get them both down the drive way simply for the fact that along with trying to teach Keegan a new word, I will also working with both dogs to stay on my left side. Sasha was a gem. Keegan...dominated dog kept pushing her over, course she shoved back (good girl). 
By the time I got the dogs down to the picnic area, mom was driving down the driveway. As trained, I had the dogs sit and wait for the car to pass. Then went down the pond area, just letting them be. They loved it. Sasha by the point was getting playful, so I left her off the leash in the picnic area and tried to work with Keegan. No such luck! Grin. I let Keegan off of his leash and told him to go play. Oh! My friends, it was a wonderful sight to see my dogs really play. Sasha in particular. The way she bounded and leaped. I swear she did a three eighty in the air. She growled and barked cocking her brown head at me. Her eyes beckon me to come play. So I did. Whistling, and growling I played with her like of old and revived the memories how we'd play before she got sick. It did my heart good to see her so and I know it did hers bountiful good as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.