Monday, September 12, 2011

Last night's party

Oh! My friends. Last night was da bomb! Friends of friends of friends and of friends gather 'round volleyball courts, tossed around the Frisbee, and just enjoyed each other's company. Music rang out from the old piano filling the home with glad noise. Some of these people are gifted. We had over 20 people in our home last night. What fun! It was great seeing and meeting people that we hadn't seen in ages and to get to know new faces. It was wonderful. I hope that this is a first of many. Already plans are being laid for something further in the fall. 
This group of people have a lot to offer. I was honored to be in their presence especially the ones that like us reached out to the other side and took time to know us beyond our names. I'm ready for another low key volleyball match and hopefully it will be much better next next time. By that meaning I actually get the ball more over the net instead of with much power hitting that ball over my head to the backyard. Who know I process such a strength. ;)
I would happily do this again. These people are dear and I hope to get to know them much more. That and they didn't leave too big of a scattered mess. It was collected mess which was so much easier to clean up. Bless them for that. What more stories will we create together? Only time will tell. But I think it will be safe to say that good bonds outside of both groups will form a strong friendship.

2 comments:

  1. I am still hearing good (and somewhat hilarious) reports from this party! ;-)

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was incredible. I can not wait for more get togethers.

    ReplyDelete

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.