Monday, September 5, 2011

Poetry and rainy days




Drizzling rain coming softly from the cloudy skies from above. Classical music playing in the back ground and my family laughing. If I was not doing school at this precise moment, I would be curled up reading 'MacBeth' or crocheting. Surprising right...the choice of book, not the crocheting. For those who know me, I hate tragedies. Shakespeare has captured my attention with his wit of writing. Not sure how long I can keep on going, but oh my. That style and grace! Unknown words that takes time to understand makes my heart soar with happiness. I believe I have a love for poetry.
Robert Steven Lois author of Treasure Island has arrested my attention as well. I cannot wait to finish reading to grab ahold of more treasure. Lately, I finished ¨Truth is Beauty.¨ A book of wondrous poetry give by Sheila to Mom on Kate's first week to Lee.  Please let me excerpt a poem, only a little part. Dover Beach 

Ah, love, let us be true
To one another! for the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.
                                                                                         Matthew Arnold   

Perhaps now that I am older (and hopefully wiser) the domain of Shelley, Keats, Byron, Wordworth and so many other legendary writers will shed light to my world in which strives to write and read well. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.