Saturday, October 29, 2011

Amsterdam~

I have always wanted to see a castle either in its glory or see its ruins where you have to imagine it  in its former splendor.  Often with larger estates there are colorful garden grounds that would be impressive to walk in. Researching places of interest in Netherlands led me to an enriching place to visit,  Muiderslot Castle in Muiden, located 22 minutes away from the hostel in Amsterdam.  Map.
Furthermore, in Naarden, a nearby town, there is an old castle-like church called Grote Kerk that might be interesting to visit in addition to or in place of visiting the castle. Except for climbing the tower, which from my understanding is  €2,50, admission for the church is free. Map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.