Sunday, October 30, 2011

My favorite place in the world

Listen…hear gentle lapping sounds of blue clear water. Feel the sand beneath your feet. See the shells beneath the wet surface of the ocean. Feel the wind in your face whipping your hair around. Gentle rolling dunes from the nearby ocean create small mountains. The sunsets there are among the most beautiful colors you will ever get to see.  It is quiet town, but not sleepy. It is productive, working through out the day and resting when evening comes. The quaint village life seemed so simple and beautiful that it seemed hard to be true. I often wondered to myself as I biked through the villages, if this life they lived do they take it for granted? Do they see its beauty? Do I? I have heard there are seals here, but I have not yet been able to go. Every moment here is too precious, everything breathe I take I found myself taking in the beauty God had created. It is here that I have discovered a quiet peace in a way I’ve never felt before. There wasn’t any demanding deadlines, there’s no rushing to do, all I had to do was bike to my favorite places…alone. With no one with me, to discover who I am for myself in God. I will come back here. You see Texeles to many is just a place where there’s no skyscrape building, or factories  and there’s not much to do here other than bike. It is unchanged, protected by the waters surrounding it. To me it was a chance of a life time, the gentle drawings of my Beloved beckoned me. Texeles is just an island, but it is an island created in God’s beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.