Saturday, October 29, 2011

Here in Rotterdam

On June 20, 2010 I wrote:


Today marks a second day of being away from home. Yesterday had been all traveling, and been shuttled to and fro from both trains and trams. As we went to board our first plane, I discovered that my plane ticket did not have my name on it and so professor Duren and I went back to the helpful service counters to correct the issue. Apparently, they had never faced a ticket not having a persons name, however in a short amount of time they were able to help me and we were soon on our way through the security. Both planes were late, the second plane we has shifted through 2 different pilots to be able to fly. I was glad my luggage was overall light for we had lots of walking and crammed into tight places.
I have made good friends in my group. Our group gets along with each other overall pretty well. I now know all of them by name.
Our professor decided that today, Sunday, would be our free day. So a group of us went to walk around which turned into a shopping trip for most of us. Afterwards, part of us went to the bar and drank beers except for those like me who is a year way from being away to being able to drink. We ate our packed lunches and enjoyed each other’s company and exciting found a free hot spot ( wireless) to contact family members and friends.
The windy weather has brighten our cheeks and there are sparkles in our eyes. My rain jacket has nicely kept me warm from the cold. The cloudy overcast skies have made perfect scenery for pictures.
Here in Rotterdam, there are many types of transportation. I can not really say which transportation is used the most. It seems everyone walk, bike, or dive. There are a lot of boats as well. These boats are not your normal dinky sailboat…these are fishing boats which are long, huge, and well…huge.
Tomorrow classes start. How thankful I am that it will begin at 10 right after breakfast. Our curfew is in the morning at 9 clock, basically we just have to be there for breakfast whether we eat or not. After class is finished then I think we have to do homework and whatever else we want to do.
I am doing really well. My legs are holding up from all that walking. I highly suspect that when I get home, I’ll be fit as fiddle. Perhaps I might be so use to walking every where that a walk to Wal-mart is just mere thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.