Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tellings of my doings

June 23, 2010

My classes are going well. It helps keep us busy, but not very much. There’s only one thing I could ask, I wish Rotterdam was safe enough for me to explore on my own. The truth is I dare not step foot out of the stayokay residence without having someone with me. Perhaps I am being over reacting, but I rather be safe than sorry. One thing I do know, when I get home I’m traveling. I’m going to discover new places in my own home…places that those who have lived there all their may have over looked. There’s always something new.
Last night I entered into a home of the Dutch people originated from India. There I tried Indian food for the first time in my life. It was SOOOOOO spicy, but it was wonderful. I ate as much as I dared while gulping down water. I didn’t feel so bad when the others in my group also said the food was spicy. For anyone who knows my palette can probably imagine the fire in my mouth.
The trams are exciting. I felt as if I was flying and often daring let go of the railing as the electric trams lurched to a start. Plus the nighttime adventure on the way to a friend’s home made it exhilarating for me. I breathed in the night freedom and happily soaked in the new places with the company of friends from my study abroad group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.