Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Scheduling...time

  Photograph found on stck xchng


Time...must be carefully guarded lest it be gone before you know it. There are no "free" time, you often have to make time. I have often overheard conversation where someone says when we have more time, let's have you over for dinner. Always I laugh silently to myself. There is no time in a sense, we have to make time. That is why a book called the scheduler is on deck day and night for us to record our times. 


Were it not for my schedule book, I would be knee high in trouble. Nay forget that, I would be WAY over my head. Thus it is extremely important for me to write it down in my book. It doesn't matter whether or not I look back, but at least I have a reference. 


Which brings me to a point. I am usually an organize person, I can't stand clutter. Neither do I like perfectly clean, well...unless it's my room then I love it almost perfectly clean.  Well lived in an organized fashion is my style. Yet...this season for some strange reason. I live in clutter no matter how hard I work to try to get myself organize. Especially on the weekdays. Good luck on trying to contact me during that time, especially on a tuesday.

Then it hit me...I've negeglated to write down orgazine room/closet. Or whatever I needed to get done. Something happens when I WRITE something down...it gets done.

On the side lines...this is why I write down my dreams, my amition, and my hopes. I go into details. Will they all happen? No. But there's a good chance that they will and when I look back I can marvel at the miracles that God gave me. Plus on the days I get confuse I look back and have a clearer perspective because I took the time to write them down. It is vitually important to me to write these things down. Something I need to do more of and more details.
Here's the thing, a good time keeper is a good researcher AND a good organizer at least with some form of time.

I usually keep my room company clean...most of the time. We all of one those days when it just explodes into messiness. But by the end of the week, I've got it company clean. It isn't because of room check either. Lately, I've skimmed with passing room-check and I hate it. I take pride in having my room clean especially with my "newish" comfortable and my "newish" room. Being a good stewardess of my room is something that I strive for. Hence is why  I 've labeled this blog scheduling...time.
You usually can't be a great stewardess of something unless you are a good time scheduler or at least not without balancing everything else.

To be honest, keeping a clean home is great. Everyone after a looooonnnnnggggg and very tiring day are delighted to come home to a sparkling clean home. But that isn't what life is about, constantly cleaning or even scheduling time. Life is about God...pure and simple. God is about you and others and quite frankly about Him. It's a you and Him relationship and loving others. But you gotta first love Him to truly love others. Time... also is a thing about priorities. At least this is what I have experience in the short years of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, too, Christina. Like you, I am a "list junkie", I love my Franklin Covey daytimer. My favorite thing that you said is that you may not even look back at it, but the reference is there, at least. SO TRUE! I am still training myself (after years, i am ashamed to say) to write absolutely everything down in that daytimer.

    Again, your writing style always delights me. Which reminds me...I've run across an author (20th century) I think you'd LOVE - Emilie Loring. Do you have any of her books? If not, I'd love to hunt you down some and gift them to you.

    Love you, my young blonde friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I have any of her books. I would love to read her works. As of late, I haven't come across any really good authors other than a book of essays which I wished I had more time to read during the break that I allotted myself in the library last week. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete

A comment for me! Get excited! I love hearing from you.